What Company Structure Do I Use?

Real Estate Development Blog

Hi Colm,

Does you book explain why those who develope residential lots and build as well have a separate company for developing and one for construction? More specificly which company, for tax purposes, should recognize the gain on the lot?



From the desk of Colm Dillon ...

Author of "Residential Development Made Easy"

Hello J,

As my ebooks sell in 54 countries I can only talk about matters that are common to all. You don't say where you live.

As tax and company law varies so much from country to country I cannot answer such a question.

However I do talk a good deal about creating a team of professionals around you to advance your development plans - one of those is a good accountant and lawyer.

However like every other consultant you engage, you must interview them to ensure they have the experience you require.

An obvious example is, " I want a lawyer, ... ah, there's one in the high street."

You enquire and find that 85% of his/her practice is family law - but yes, they reply, we also do land conveyancing.

Not good enough - you want someone who eats & sleeps property every day.

Hope this helps,

Colm Dillon

Residential Development Made Easy

Buy "Residential Development Made Easy" Now
From Secure Clickbank

Have A Real Estate Development Question
Ask Me Here.

Please note that all fields followed by an asterisk must be filled in.

Don't Build A Web Site - Build A Web Business! '

Click Here To Find Out How